Health Promotion and Policy Manager- Age Concern New Zealand
Age Concern New Zealand
Age Concern New Zealand is a charitable organisation dedicated solely to people over 65. We promote dignity, wellbeing, equity and respect and provide expert information and support services in response to older people's needs.
We are looking for a new staff member to join our National Office team in Wellington
Purpose of the role:
• To provide effective support and development to selected services provided by Age Concern for older people.
• To work in a new Health Promotion team and manage the Health Promotion Advisor (HPA).
• To prepare policy and statements of Age Concern New Zealand’s position on a range of topics that affect and advance the wellbeing of older people, and writing submissions in response to government (and selected non-government) consultations.
• To provide advice, prepare correspondence and respond to concerns and specific requests in regard to policy-related matters.
Qualifications and skills:
• Tertiary qualification e.g. law, arts, political science, social sciences
• A good understanding of the process within which policy choices are framed and a broad understanding of policy frameworks.
• Awareness of the economic, political, social and cultural context of the relevant sectors with whom we engage.
• Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills.
• Effective planner with good organisational skills, including time management and prioritising work with conflicting priorities.
• Ability to work both independently and co-operatively.
• Proven to be reliable and accountable.
• Exercises sound judgement.
• Demonstrates honesty and high levels of integrity.
• High levels of initiative, drive and creativity.
• Self-motivated and flexible, embraces change and open to new ways of doing things.
View the job description
Download the application form . Please get in contact with us if you would like the application form in Word format.
Applications close 27 August 2018. To apply or get further information please contact Age Concern New Zealand on 04 801 9338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Age Concern as a Volunteer - You can make a difference and support older New Zealanders. If you are interested in Volunteering for Age Concern please contact your local Age Concern to find out about opportunities they have in your area.