Financial Administrator (part-time permanent role)
Age Concern is a charitable organisation dedicated to people over 65. We promote dignity, well being, equity and provide expert information and support services in response to older people’s needs. Age Concern is active and vocal on relevant issues and works to ensure older people stay connected with their families, friends and community.
We are looking for a new staff member to join our National Office in Wellington.
Purpose of the role
The main responsibilities of this role include maintaining financial records, processing income and expenditure and undertaking a range of financial reporting. The role operates in a team environment, reports to the Chief Executive and will be required to support all aspects of work alongside the Financial Accountant.
Qualifications and skills
• Demonstrates a good understanding/has experience of New Zealand accounting practices and principles.
• Demonstrates a good understanding/has experience with computerised financial systems (currently the organisation uses Xero)
• Experience in roles with high productivity and professional ethics expectations.
• Experience with technology, computers and systems.
• Has an interest in/commitment to the health and wellbeing of older New Zealanders.
• Focuses on customer service excellence.
• Demonstrates honesty and high levels of integrity.
• Is self-motivated and demonstrates high levels of initiative and drive.
• Is flexible, embraces change and is open to new ways of doing things.
For more information, contact Age Concern New Zealand on 04 801 9338 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 August 2019.