- Accredited Visiting Service provides companionship and social contact through matching a screened, volunteer friend to an older person who may be lonely. If you would like more information on being a visitor or are over 65 and would like to know more about having a visitor, contact the Co-ordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (09) 929 2307.
- Education/Health Promotion: A programme of activities and resources on a variety of subjects are developed in partnership with older people and other community groups. Some of our regular Health promotion activities include:
1. Positive Steps – A four week (10.5 hours) Falls Prevention programme
2. Seniors Eating well – A four week (10.5 hours) Nutrition programme (theory only)
3. Staying Safe – A three hour refresher workshop for Senior Drivers
4. Sleeplessness and Stress – A two and a half hour workshop exploring Fatigue & Stress
- Our ‘Calendar of Activities’ - provides a comprehensive list of activities pertinent to older people. It includes social, support, physical and educational opportunities available on the North Shore. Copies are available from the office or a pdf copy can be downloaded from www.agewell.org.nz - Members will have their own copy posted to them
- Our 2016/17 ‘Information Directory for Older People’ is designed to provide information and knowledge of resources to older people and those working with them. Copies are available from the office or a pdf copy can be downloaded from www.agewell.org.nz
- We can provide a speaker to Seniors’ groups to talk about the role and services of Age Concern North Shore and on Falls Prevention. To arrange, please contact our Health Promoter at: email@example.com or phone: (09) 929 2312
- Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention Service for older people who may be having difficulty with a problem or are concerned about a friend or neighbour. Trained staff are available for home visits if needed. This is a discreet and confidential service. For advice, support or information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 929 2309
- Chinese Services.Our Chinese social worker/health promoter provides:
* Intervention and education support for the Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention team with a particular focus on vulnerable Chinese Elders.
* Community development and health promotion for Chinese Seniors via regular groups and outings.
* Chinese Accredited Visiting service providing companionship and social contact through matching a screened, volunteer friend to older people who may be lonely. o For more information contact Jane Lai at email@example.com or phone (09) 929 2311
- Information Resources: providing written material eg pamphlets and resources. Our quarterly newsletter Age Matters is posted to all members - the latest copy can be downloaded from www.pukekoprint.co.nz/age-concern-north-shore/
- Club Gordon (formally The Prescott Club) named after a former Life Member Gordon Michie, is an initiative of Age Concern North Shore. Join for fun, laughter, companionship and entertainment. A small charge covers morning tea, a light lunch, transport and entertainment. For more information contact the office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Total Mobility Scheme provides assessment and provision of a Total Mobility taxi card for people who are unable to drive or use public transport due to a disability. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Life Tubes
Accredited Visiting Service
Elder Abuse and Neglect Response Services
Health Promotion Programmes including:
Staying Safe: Refresher Courses for Older Drivers
Steady As You Go©
Positive Steps – Falls Prevention Programme
Community Strength & Balance Classes
Field Social Work
AT - Total Mobility Scheme