- Support Services, Information, Advice and Personal Advocacy: Responding in person/phone to a range of queries from older people, their family / Whanau, carers e.g. advising what services, supports and resources are available for older people to help maintain independence. Providing confidential support to enable and empower older people.
- Information Resources: Providing written materials e.g. pamphlets and resources.
- Education: Holding education seminars for the public e.g. Positive Ageing,Enduring Power of Attorney, Advanced Care Planning etc.
- Social Activities: Holding fun events that provide social connection between older people e.g. drop in centre, luncheons, morning and afternoon teas, gardening club, men’s group, games and cards and BYO craft group.
- Transport: Providing a transport service to places such as shopping centres, supermarket, library, hospital and GP appointments.
- Total Mobility Scheme: Providing assessment and provision of Total Mobility taxi vouchers.
- In-home Support: Referring on to recommended services (e.g. trade services) that can provide for the necessary maintenance work to be done in client's homes. Referring on volunteer workers to undertake small jobs for older people e.g. gardening and handyman tasks.
- Exercise/Mobility: Holding exercise programmes in the local community e.g. Tai Chi and Sit ‘n’ Be Fit and a regular six week falls prevention programme Upright & Active.
- Community Computer Hub: Computer suite freely available to people 65 years and over. One on one computer tuition also available.
- Op Shop: Bargains galore! All proceeds help to maintain Age Concern Napier’s essential services.
- Volunteering Opportunities: Wide range of volunteering opportunities are available to assist our older community members.
- Representation: Providing representation and advice on older peoples' issues to local influential groups e.g. District Councils.
Accredited Visiting Service
Information and advocacy service
Steady As You Go Falls Prevention
Staying Safe- Refresher Course for Older Drivers
Total Mobility Scheme
Handyman and gardening service
Tai Chi and Sit and Be Fit
Nga Pakeke o Maraenui social connection programme